September 19, 2018:
Today is a Day 1
- Student Council will be meeting today from 2:30 - 3:30 in room A10. All new members are welcome!
- The Wildcat Pride winners to the announcements in the morning are:Grade 6 - De’jhan EdwardGrade 7 - Justin PetionGrade 8 - Paula Pesoa
Educator - Ms. Mary Snow
- Our 8th Grade is having a Yankee Fundraiser. Please check our webpage banner to place orders online.
- Our first PTA Meeting will be held today in the Library at Martin Middle School at 6pm.
Please join us tonight, September 18, in the East Providence High School Auditorium, for a community forum to learn more about the project, followed by the screening of a powerful documentary film about public education.
6:00 – 6:45 pm: We will host a community forum about Question 4, including a presentation about the scope of the project, as well as an opportunity for audience questions and answers.
6:45 – 8:30 pm: We will screen the documentary feature film, Most Likely to Succeed, which examines the history of public education in the United States and challenges communities to adopt innovative new approaches to teaching and learning. The documentary explores questions of how to modernize an educational system that was developed more than a century ago during the rise of the Industrial Age. It profiles a school in San Diego that is completely rethinking what the experience of going to school looks like and follows students, parents and teachers through a truly unorthodox school experience, asking audiences to consider what sort of educational environment is most likely to succeed in the 21st century. We are presenting the film as part of our educational visioning process, which includes input from parents, students, educators, community members and other stakeholders.
If you require language interpretation for the community forum, please notify us at BuildEPHS@epschoolsri.com.
On Tuesday, November 6th, residents of East Providence will vote on Question 4, a bond referendum to finance the construction project.
We hope to see you on September 18th!
The following are some helpful links for students and parents:
- Skyward website & Skyward mobile app.
- Martin Middle School Events Calendar
- MMS Facebook page.
- EP Athletics Calendar
- My School Bucks website & My School Bucks mobile app.
- Nutrislice website & Nutrislice mobile app.
- SafeStop app
- East Providence High School Building Project
- East Providence Recreation Department Winter & Spring Programs
The following students prepared for the last two months for the All-State auditions that took place last Saturday at Moses…
Members of the MMS Band took part in the Solo and Ensemble Festival on Sunday. They prepared solos, duets and…
The Student Council Award is given annually to one 8th grade boy and one 8th grade girl who have shown…