Updates for Monday, May 29, 2018, Day 1
- Welcome back! We hope everyone enjoyed their long weekend!
- We will have a scoliosis screening today.
- This Friday will be our one and only performance of SOUNDER. Tickets are only $5 for students. you don't want to miss it!
- Our Band and Chorus field trip to Six Flaggs will also take place this Friday!
- Parents, please help us enforce the dress code. The following dress code is not meant to be restrictive but is intended to guide students and their parents/guardians in choosing clothing that is safe, appropriate, and not distracting to wear in school. Parents will be notified of any inappropriate dress. The Assistant Principal, Principal, or Dean of Students will be the authority in such cases. Any student who is in violation of the Dress Code protocol, will not be allowed to return to class until changing into appropriate clothes. In the event that a student does not have appropriate clothes, a parent/guardian will be called to provide a change of clothes or student may be asked to wear something to cover or replace the clothing item that violates the protocol. The following is a list of inappropriate dress for students:● No “sagging” of pants. Pants should be worn with proper fit above the hip. No low-cut pants should be worn. No undergarments should be visible.● No spaghetti strap tops, racer-back tops, halter tops, off-the-shoulder tops, tube tops, half shirts (showing one’s midriff), or low cut blouses/shirts. No undergarments should be visible.● No sheer or see-through clothing is to be worn. This includes clothing with cut-outs.● No articles of clothing or accessories with obscene/vulgar words, words referring to illegal substances (alcohol, tobacco, and/or drugs), and/or words and/or pictures depicting acts of violence are allowed.● Shorts and skirts must be no shorter than one inch above the knee (even if tights/leggings are worn under).● Leggings require a top/shirt long enough to reach mid-thigh.● No coats/jackets may be worn or carried during the school day. Students may wear sweatshirts, sweaters or a lightweight fleece jacket.● No headgear (e.g. hair picks, bandanas, hats, do-rags, sports headbands, etc.) may be worn during the regular school day.● No pajamas pants and/or tops.● Proper footwear is expected. No slippers.● No chains, collars, rings, bracelets with studs or spikes.● Proper hygiene is expected.
- SPRING PICTURES will be taken on May 24. Students must prepay to have a photo taken. Forms should be arriving at our school shortly and will be sent home with your child
The following are some helpful links for students and parents:
- Skyward website & Skyward mobile app.
- Martin Middle School Events Calendar
- MMS Facebook page.
- EP Athletics Calendar
- My School Bucks website & My School Bucks mobile app.
- Nutrislice website & Nutrislice mobile app.
- SafeStop app
- East Providence High School Building Project
- East Providence Recreation Department Winter & Spring Programs
The following students prepared for the last two months for the All-State auditions that took place last Saturday at Moses…
One of the greatest advances in education in modern times is the use of personal electronic devices like cell phones…
Thursday, November 16, 2017, 7:00 p.m., East Providence High School All parents, taxpayers and concerned citizens are welcome You’ve probably…