October 17, 2018:
- Today is a Day 6
- Our wildcat pride winners this week are: Grade 6 Gavin Hanley
Grade 7 Abigail Arruda
Grade 8 Jack McKnight
Educator: Paul Tarasevich
- Student council will be meeting in room A10
- Any student interested in playing in the MMS Dodgeball Tournament after school during the first week of November can pick up a permission slip in the cafeteria during lunch. All Permission slips and the $5 fee to participate are due back to the main office by this Friday, October 19.
- Picture day will be this Friday, October 19th
- Our next school dance is scheduled for October 26th at 6 PM
- Our Book Fair will be arriving on November 1st! Stop by the library if you'd like a flyer to preview this year's books!
Please be advised that Parent Teacher Conferences will be held on Wednesday, November 14 and Thursday, November 15, 2018, at Martin Middle School during the following times:
Wednesday, November 14 Martin Middle School 5:30 – 7:30 p.m.
Thursday, November 15 Martin Middle School 12:30 – 2:30 p.m.
Students will have a half day on Thursday, November 15, 2018, and be dismissed at 11:15 am from Martin Middle School
a note from our superintendent:
Dear Families and Staff,
On Monday, October 15, we will host a second Community Forum about the proposed construction of a new East Providence High School.
Residents of East Providence will vote on Tuesday, November 6th, on Question 4, a bond referendum to finance construction of the high school project. At the Community Forum, voters can learn more about the ballot question and about the opportunity before us to build a 21st Century, state-of-the-art, comprehensive high school and athletic complex for our community.
Please join us at 7 p.m. on Monday, October 15, in the East Providence High School Auditorium. The forum will include a presentation about the need for the new high school, the scope of the project, and financing for the project, as well as an opportunity for audience questions and answers.
If you require language interpretation for the community forum, please notify us at BuildEPHS@epschoolsri.com.
Please note that in order to vote on the ballot question, you must be registered to vote by this Sunday, October 7. If you are not yet registered to vote, you can do so at East Providence City Hall or online at https://vote.sos.ri.gov.
- On Tuesday, November 6th, residents of East Providence will vote on Question 4, a bond referendum to finance the construction project.
The following are some helpful links for students and parents:
- Skyward website & Skyward mobile app.
- Martin Middle School Events Calendar
- MMS Facebook page.
- EP Athletics Calendar
- My School Bucks website & My School Bucks mobile app.
- Nutrislice website & Nutrislice mobile app.
- SafeStop app
- East Providence High School Building Project
- East Providence Recreation Department Winter & Spring Programs
The following students prepared for the last two months for the All-State auditions that took place last Saturday at Moses…
Members of the MMS Band took part in the Solo and Ensemble Festival on Sunday. They prepared solos, duets and…