The following dress code is not meant to be restrictive, but is intended to guide students and their parents/guardians in choosing clothing that is safe, appropriate, and not distracting to wear in school. Parents will be notified of any inappropriate dress. The Assistant Principal, Principal, or designee will be the authority in such cases.
The following is a list of inappropriate dress for students:
- No “sagging” of pants. Pants should be worn with proper fit above the hip. No lowcut pants should be worn. No undergarments should be visible.
- No spaghetti strap tops, racerback tops, halter tops, offtheshoulder tops, tube tops, half shirts (showing one’s midriff), or low cut blouses/shirts. No undergarments should be visible.
- No sheer or seethrough clothing is to be worn. This includes clothing with cutouts.
- No articles of clothing or accessories with obscene/vulgar words, words referring to illegal substances (alcohol, tobacco, and/or drugs), and/or words and/or pictures depicting acts of violence are allowed.
- Shorts and skirts must be no shorter than one inch above the knee (even if tights/leggings are worn under). ● Leggings require a top/shirt long enough to reach midthigh.
- No coats/jackets may be worn or carried during the school day. Students may wear sweatshirts, sweaters or a lightweight fleece jacket.
- No headgear (e.g. hair picks, bandanas, hats, dorags, sports head bands, etc.) may be worn during the regular school day.
- No pajamas pants and/or tops.
- Proper footwear is expected. No slippers.
- No chains, collars, rings, bracelets with studs or spikes.
- Proper hygiene is expected.
For any students found in violation of the Dress Code protocol, a parent/guardian will be called to provide a change of clothes or student may be asked to wear something to cover or replace the clothing item that violates the protocol.